Saturday, April 17, 2010

Daddy's gone :( But Max is standing!

Ugh - today was bleh.

I wont say it was bad because it wasn't. Only bad part was having to watch Sean say goodbye to his son. We had to drop him off at the airport on base this morning. He and everyone who is going on the aircraft carrier with him had to fly up to Washington to get on their ship. We now have 3 aircraft carriers stationed at our base and all 3 just so happen to be in port right now so the one our squadron goes out on couldn't come down to pick them up. So they had to leave earlier to fly up there. Thankfully they should be porting here in SD when they come back so at least he doesn't have to port in Washington then fly back.

So after we said our goodbyes (definitely not as bad as I was expecting) Max and I left and we went straight to my friends house who's husband is leaving with him. I really appreciate her going through the same thing as me so we can definitely go through it together. During deployment I was at her house alllllll the time. I may as well have moved in :p her husband and my husband don't get along much anymore but we don't let that phase us.

So Max and I just hung out there with her and her kids. We watched The Time Travelers Wife which was SUCH a good movie. And we took the kids to the park. Then had taco dinner. I came home around 8 and gave Max his bath. I got frustrated because I think Max is so used to it just being he, Sean, and I (mostly just he and I) that when he is around more than just a couple people he kinda clams up and doesn't know how to open up and be himself. He's not used to hearing so many voices and so many bodies moving around. He still has fun but he's quiet for the most part and will have random outbursts of laughter. And then as soon as we are home he's back to his normal, loud, mess with everything, go everywhere, screaming self. He was like this especially in the bath, my goodness.

We hung out for a bit, played, practiced standing up unsupported, which by the way he stood for 5 whole seconds by himself today!! And he could have stood longer but he bent his knee's and squatted down to crawl. My friend and I noticed that he didn't just lose his balance because he didn't fall at all, he squatted down like he meant to. She pointed that out to me and it made me realize that he really never falls back on his booty or forward on his hands anymore. He's learned how to go from standing to sitting/crawling without just letting his body fall down! Yay! His coordination is improving which means walking is on it's way! BTW, when he stood that whole 5 seconds (5 seconds for a baby standing means a WHOLE lot more than 5 little seconds. It's a HUGE deal that I didn't understand until I saw my own baby do it <3 ) he looked SO EFFING CUTE!! He was wobbly and so adorable with his concentration face. And then the dog just had to grab his attention...grr.

Anyway, tomorrow we are all going to go to a linen store to pick out what patterns I want for Max's quilt my friend is going to make for him as his b-day present! I'm sooo excited about that because quilts are so comfy and it will be the size to fit his toddler bed whenever he's ready for it. I'm so excited for that! And then we are going to go to Target just for the fun of it. I need another baby gate and a few things. I'm going to get started on making Max's play area soon :D

No comments:

Post a Comment